Monday, December 28, 2015

A Day in a Year in a Life / Day 361

27December/2015, Day 361.  Sunday.

We woke up early in our motel room in Jacksonville, Florida after a long but restless night, and as quickly as two sleepy adults with two young children could, got ourselves "legally" dressed and went to the hotel's buffet breakfast.  It was great for the price, (FREE!), but we didn't want to overeat because we were going to brunch with Grandma and Grandpa later in the morning.

After breakfast we lay about a bit, then put on more spiffy clothes for our brunch date.  (At this particular brunch, men are required to wear sports coats.)  Over to Grandma and Grandpa's place we went, (Fleet Landing, in case you don't remember!), then at 11:30 am we all walked over to the dining hall for a really great brunch buffet.  Yum, yum, yum, yum!

After an hour or so of extended munching all of us wanted to change back into our "stretchy" informal relaxing clothes, so Sweetie, Grump, Kuya, and Dodong went back to the hotel.  An hour or so later we were back at Grandma and Grandpa's condo, this time with a bundle of legal papers that Grump and Grandpa needed to review.

Grump and Grandpa wandered off to the library while Sweetie and Grandma played with the two boys.  Kuya in particular had a great time exploring the various buildings at Fleet Landing.

Kuya posing before a Large Blue Christmas Tree

Kuya and Grandma, with an Unknown Person in the background, apparently scanning the ceiling for signs of ......

Eventually Grump and Grandpa had reviewed the documents to Grandpa's satisfaction, (Grump HATES reading legal documents; he was ready to sign them as soon as he received them!), so we went back to our hotel room for a quick nap.

A few hours later it was already time to eat again!  We got a light dinner at Panera's, then departed once more for our hotel room.

We had a little bit of trouble getting the kids settled down to sleep, (Kuya in particular!), so we watched some "House Hunting" episodes on HGTV until he got bored, and ready to lay down.  Then, with a wish for a better sleep than we got the night before, (and a hope that Dodong would NOT awaken every two hours, like he did last night!), we put the lights out and crawled into bed.

Goodnight all!

No comments:

Post a Comment