Monday, December 28, 2015

A Day in a Year in a Life / Day 362

28/December/2015, Day 362.  Monday.

We slept a bit better than last night, (thank God!), which was a great thing, since Grump had to make a five hour drive to get us all home.  But we were still up early, and just like yesterday morning we ate a free breakfast at the hotel's breakfast buffet.

We squeezed in a wee bit of shopping, (but NOT for a wee bit of money!), then headed over to Panera's where we met Grandma and Grandpa.  This particular trip had two purposes: 1) spend some time over the Holidays with Grandma and Grandpa, and 2) get some legal documents notarized which for some insanely inexplicable reason we could NOT get notarized in Georgia.  (What the heck is up with that?)  Grandpa had made an appointment at the UPS next to Panera for us, and at 11:00 am that's where Sweetie and Grump were, going through a stack of cryptic legal documents with their notary, and obtaining all the required signatures.  And before you ask, NO, the local UPS stores here in Georgia would NOT notarize these documents, even though that is the state where we are legal residents.  (Ain't dealing with the legal system a royal pain in the butt!)  But after spending some time, (an hour or so), and money, (about $120.00), we had all our "eyes" dotted and our "tees" crossed, and we no longer had this particular legal hurdle to leap over.

Back at Panera Sweetie and Grump rejoined Grandma, Grandpa, and the boys.  Kuya and Dodong had already eaten, (macaroni and cheese, yum! yum!), but Sweetie and Grump were very hungry, so they ordered a quick meal while Kuya practiced his photography skills.

A Nice Pic of Dodong

What is this?  A Study of Restaurant Furniture?

Old Face / New Face? 

Not one to sit idle, Grandma got in on the photography act:

Sweetie and Her Two Boys
Lunch was over all too soon, and it was time to say goodbye.  The four of us left Grandma and Grandpa, crammed into our car, (stuff with all the loot we had acquired from our visit!), and headed off for home.

The ride home was uneventful, thank God.  In fact, traffic was lighter than normal.  Or sure, there was still the occasional suicidal idiot, but with fewer cars around they were much easier to avoid.

We got home in the late afternoon, with Lola waiting for us by the kitchen door.  After unloading all our treasures all FIVE of us now, (the four of us plus Lola), went to the local Vietnamese restaurant for dinner.  Sweetie hadn't eaten any rice since Friday, and she was beginning to go through withdrawal symptoms!  So we HAD to eat at a place that had properly cooked rice.  (Americans couldn't cook rice properly if their lives depended on it!)

Once we got home from dinner Grump noticed he had a text from work.  Apparently one of the jobs he works on had abended while we were at dinner.  Fortunately before leaving work last week he had notified his boss and team lead that he would be out of town, and tonight his team lead had taken the call, and fixed the misbehaving job.  Good grief, but it's hard to get any time off these days!

Now it is late, and time for bed.  Goodnight all!

No comments:

Post a Comment